If you are a beginner Angel investor, an experienced Angel, or just unsure, we encourage you to attend pitch events, invest alongside experienced early stage investors, and read widely.
- “Angel Investing” by David Rose. This is a straightforward explanation of angel investing and how it works.
- “Angel” by Jason Calacanis. This is a good guide to how to start angel investing.
- “Venture Deals” by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson. This is the venture capitalists bible.
- “Crossroads Report 2017” by Colin Kinear for StartupAus This is an excellent overview of the Australian startup ecosystem and provides great context in which to invest in Australian startups. https://startupaus.org/resources/crossroads-report
For a more extensive reading list on the startup sector generally see
- Listen to Ian’s podcast ‘Open the Pod Bay Doors’ another way to listen and learn from startup sector superstars. Brownie points if you don’t need help making the Space Odessy 2001 connection – https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/open-the-pod-bay-doors