- Jelix Ventures Management Company Pty Limited ABN 60 613 582 773, ACN 613 582 773 of c/o Azure Group Pty Ltd, Level 11, Suite 11, 175-183 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (we, us and our) operate a website at www.jelix.vc (the Platform) which is a curated equity crowdfunding platform through which companies can offer shares to qualified purchasers.
Jelix Ventures Management Company Pty Ltd ACN 613 582 773 of c/o Azure Group Pty Ltd, Level 11, Suite 11, 175-183 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (Jelix Manager)
2. What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not and whether recorded in material form or not.
3. What personal information do we collect?
- We may collect personal information from you when you register with the Platform, use any features of the Platform or otherwise contact us by any method, such as telephone, email, post, facsimile or in person.
- When you register with the Platform or use any features of the Platform, we will collect the personal information you provide to us. Such personal information may include details such as your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card number, expiry date, bank details and billing address.
- When you access and use the Platform we will record and log for statistical purposes certain information about such access and use, including your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the parts of the Platform you access during your visit, your actions on the Platform, and the browser you are using. Where you acquire securities through the Platform, this information may be associated with you.
- As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect information from a third party where they purchase products on your behalf. In such instances, we will determine whether we would have been entitled to collect such information from you under this section 3, and to the extent we would not have been entitled to do so, we will destroy or de-identify such information as soon as reasonably practical.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information if you choose not to. You may use the Platform without registering, in which case we will not be able to personally identify you unless you choose to register with the Platform or otherwise provide us with your identity. You cannot, however, use most of the features of the Platform, including acquiring any securities, anonymously or using a pseudonym.
- Please note that rejecting cookies may mean that some or all of the functions on the Platform will not be available to you. In particular, cookies must be enabled to access and use any part of the Platform for placing orders.
6. How is your personal information used?
- The personal information that we collect is generally used to provide services to you, and, if you use the Platform, to track your usage, to evaluate performance of the Platform, and to keep track of your orders and your account settings. Information collected by us may also be used for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information in relation to the services we provide;
- to send email notifications for special promotions or offers conducted by us;
- to conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research;
- to respond to your questions or suggestions;
- to improve the quality of our services; or
- to improve the quality of your visit to the Platform.
- You may opt out of receiving such information by notifying us accordingly, or using any unsubscribe facility we provide for that purpose.
7. Disclosure of your personal information
- We do not sell, rent or trade personal information to or with any other third parties.
- We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- that third party is a contractor engaged to provide goods or services to us (including goods or services that assist us in providing the Platform). This may include disclosure to contractors outside of Australia. Our agreements with such contractors require that they keep your personal information confidential, and that they only use or disclose your personal information for the purposes of providing those goods or services to us;
- such disclosure is in connection with the sale of some or all of our business or assets; or
- you have consented for us to share the information for this purpose, or the disclosure is authorised by the Privacy Act including:
- to lessen or prevent a serious threat to life or health;
- to protect the personal safety of users of the Platform or the public;
- if authorised or required by law;
- if we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- to enforce the law or where necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity; or
- you would reasonably expect or we have told you that your personal information is usually used or disclosed to third parties in this way,
8. Access and correction of your personal information
- We will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception to such disclosure which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- If you require access to your personal information, please email@example.com. Before we provide you with access to your personal information we will require some proof of identity. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge, however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires a substantial effort on our part.
- If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the APPs (unless it would be unreasonable to do so).
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
9. How we hold and secure your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take reasonable steps to prevent the personal information we hold about you from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes the use of technologies and processes such as access control procedures, network firewalls, encryption and physical security to protect the privacy of your personal information.
10. Links to other websites
Sometimes the Platform contains links to other websites. When you access a website other than the Platform, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
11. How to contact us
- If you have any queries or complaints with regard our collection, use or management of your personal information, please contact:
A: Jelix Ventures c/o Azure Group Pty Ltd, Level 11, Suite 11, 175-183 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW
- If you wish to make a complaint about an alleged breach of the Privacy Act, we ask that you send us your complaint in writing to the email address listed above. We endeavour to respond to complaints within a reasonable period (usually 30 days). If you are not satisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by phoning 1300 363 992 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.