- Jelix Ventures Management Company Pty Limited ACN 613 582 773 of Level 3, 223 Liverpool Street Darlinghurst NSW 2010 (we, us and our) operate a website at jelix.vc (the Website) which includes information about Jelix and its past investments and provides prospective qualified investors an option to register for a newsletter that contains investment offers from early stage technology companies (Issuer) from Jelix. .
Jelix Ventures Management Company Pty Ltd ACN 613 582 773 of Level 3, 223 Liverpool Street Darlinghurst NSW 2010 (Jelix Manager)
2. What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not and whether recorded in material form or not.
3. What personal information do we collect?
- We may collect personal information from you when you register with the Website, use any features of the Website or otherwise contact us by any method, such as telephone, email, post, facsimile or in person.
- When you register with the Website or use any features of the Website, we will collect the personal information you provide to us. Such personal information may include details such as your name, address, phone number and email address.
- When you access and use the Website we will record and log for statistical purposes certain information about such access and use, including your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the parts of the Website you access during your visit, your actions on the Website, and the browser you are using.
- As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. In such instances, we will determine whether we would have been entitled to collect such information from you under this section 3, and to the extent we would not have been entitled to do so, we will destroy or de-identify such information as soon as reasonably practical.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information if you choose not to. You may use the Website without registering, in which case we will not be able to personally identify you unless you choose to register on the Website or otherwise provide us with your identity. You cannot, however, use some of the features of the Website, such as applying as an investor or signing up to the newsletter anonymously or using a pseudonym.
- Please note that rejecting cookies may mean that some or all of the functions on the Website will not be available to you.
6. How is your personal information used?
- The personal information that we collect is generally used to provide services to you, and, if you use the Website, to track your usage, to evaluate performance of the Website, and to keep track of your account settings. Information collected by us may also be used for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information in relation to the services we provide;
- to send email notifications for special promotions or offers conducted by us;
- to conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research;
- to respond to your questions or suggestions;
- to improve the quality of our services; or
- to improve the quality of your visit to the Website.
- You may opt out of receiving such information by notifying us accordingly, or using any unsubscribe facility we provide for that purpose.
7. Disclosure of your personal information
- We do not sell, rent or trade personal information to or with any other third parties.
- We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- that third party is a contractor engaged to provide goods or services to us (including goods or services that assist us in providing the Website). This may include disclosure to contractors outside of Australia. Our agreements with such contractors require that they keep your personal information confidential, and that they only use or disclose your personal information for the purposes of providing those goods or services to us;
- such disclosure is in connection with the sale of some or all of our business or assets; or
- you have consented for us to share the information for this purpose, or the disclosure is authorised by the Privacy Act including:
- to lessen or prevent a serious threat to life or health;
- to protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public;
- if authorised or required by law;
- if we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- to enforce the law or where necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity; or
- you would reasonably expect or we have told you that your personal information is usually used or disclosed to third parties in this way,
8. Access and correction of your personal information
- We will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception to such disclosure which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- If you require access to your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Before we provide you with access to your personal information we will require some proof of identity. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge, however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires a substantial effort on our part.
- If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the APPs (unless it would be unreasonable to do so).
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
9. How we hold and secure your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take reasonable steps to prevent the personal information we hold about you from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes the use of technologies and processes such as access control procedures, network firewalls, encryption and physical security to protect the privacy of your personal information.
10. Links to other websites
Sometimes the Website contains links to other websites. When you access a website other than the Website, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
11. How to contact us
- If you have any queries or complaints with regard our collection, use or management of your personal information, please contact:
A: Jelix Ventures Level 3, 223 Liverpool Street Darlinghurst NSW 2010
- If you wish to make a complaint about an alleged breach of the Privacy Act, we ask that you send us your complaint in writing to the email address listed above. We endeavour to respond to complaints within a reasonable period (usually 30 days). If you are not satisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by phoning 1300 363 992 or by email at email@example.com.