The earlier the stage of the company, the more critical the founders’, temperament and experience. Founder “fall out” or poor performance is perhaps the highest risk for early stage startups.
- Intellectual firepower and a voracious appetite to learn, unimpeded by emotional barriers
- People we think we will enjoy working with and trust
- A strong track record of achievement
- The passion and tenacity to battle through challenges and make the business work
- Interpersonal skills; people who can engage and work with others to realise their vision
- Product expertise and deep customer understanding
- Skin in the game – founders have significantly invested and are working full time
Innovative and strong technology giving the business a significant advantage over competition. Our technology expert performs technical due diligence.
Visible prospects of a profitable exit.
Making the world better in some way, even if this is just increasing efficiency. We do not invest in anything that is likely to cause harm to people (e.g. gambling, tobacco, alcohol) or the environment.