Syndicates of angel investors are the usual way of funding young companies at the seed stage. The time required to source investments and convince angels is huge. The expertise of angel investor groups can vary greatly and they can take months on due diligence only for entrepreneurs to find that due to a lack of leadership amongst investors, the syndicate cannot raise enough capital to proceed or the terms offered are not structured to promote business growth.
Equity crowdfunding is an alternative, but can cost you up to 8% of your raise in fees, and 5% in carry for your investors and provides funds without the benefit of the expertise and networks of experienced investors and mentors. Then you can be stuck with managing and reporting to potentially hundreds or even thousands of very small investors.
The Jelix, investor-led, equity crowdfunding platform for accredited investors, solves these problems for you by providing “smart money” the easy way. You benefit from
- guidance through an easy, cost effective fundraising process
- fair terms on standard documents
- access to our extensive network of angel investors and entrepreneurs
- having the investor syndicate built & funds raised for you
- having the transaction managed for you
- our investment of own funds which incentivises us to help you succeed
- our connections & expertise & that of our investors, to accelerate business growth
- a single touch point to manage investor communications
- follow-on investment rights providing a framework to raise future funds
At Jelix, we are passionate about helping you as an entrepreneur to realise your vision to change the world and build the next Facebook or Atlassian. We are entrepreneurs and have experienced the rollercoaster ride of starting and growing companies. We have helped tens of founders grow their businesses over the last decade. This, together with our networks and our genuine commitment to support you, differentiates us. While recognising that you are the expert in your business, we offer you the benefit of our experience and networks.